6 Best Foods for Your Skin
Did you know that your diet plays a heavy hand in the way your skin looks and feels? An unhealthy diet will not only cause weight gain, but it will affect the largest organ in your body – your skin!
At Bardisa Medical Center, we take a holistic approach to our patient’s health and look at our patient’s overall health to develop personalized treatment to live younger longer. Check out our recommendations for healthy foods that will give you the younger, more youthful skin you’ve been dreaming of.
Get Glowing Skin with these Healthy Foods
These foods are known to affect the health and aging of your skin. For a glowing, youthful appearance, try adding these foods to your diet:
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are excellent foods for healthy skin. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, they are known to keep skin thick, supple, and moisturized. In fact, if you are deficient in omega-3’s, you may be dealing with dry skin. Omega 3’s have also been known to reduce inflammation, redness, and acne.
- Sweet Potato: The main nutrient in sweet potatoes are vitamin A, which is converted from beta-carotene, a nutrient found in many plant based foods. One ½ cup serving of a baked sweet potato contains enough beta-carotene to provide nearly four times the recommended amount of vitamin A! Vitamin A has been shown to prevent sunburns and dry skin as it acts as a natural sunblock. In return, you’ll enjoy an overall healthier look.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a key vegetable to add to your diet because of the many vitamins and minerals it provides. Broccoli contains zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C, and lutein, which will protect the skin from becoming wrinkled and dry. It may even have anti-cancer effects, so we say, eat up!
- Olive Oil: A higher consumption of olive oil was associated with fewer signs of aging. This can be contributed to the monounsaturated fatty acids, which play a role in providing a more youthful appearance.
- Tomatoes: Not only do tomatoes have a great source of vitamin C and lycopene, they are also a great source of lutein. These nutrients have been shown to prevent wrinkling and protect the skin against sun damage.
- Dark Chocolate: Here is a treat you don’t have to feel guilty about! Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and can keep skin looking young and protected from damage. It has also been shown to improve the appearance of wrinkles.
Live Younger Longer with Dr. Bardisa at Bardisa Medical Center in Miami
If you are looking to achieve younger looking skin, our team at Bardisa Medical Center can help. With our holistic approach, we’ll help you live younger longer. Not only will we teach you the right foods to eat for anti-aging, we also have a number of products, treatments, and supplements, to help you look your best. Contact our team today to learn more about our skin care services by calling us at 305-661-2002 or using our online contact form.