Bio-identical hormone therapy (BHRT) describes the use of hormones that are molecularly identical to hormones naturally produced in the human body. The body recognizes these lab-created hormones – estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone – as though they were naturally-occurring and metabolizes them similarly.
Though these hormones are synthesized in a laboratory or pharmaceutical plant, they are derived from natural ingredients.
Bio-identical hormone therapy offers many benefits to both men and women who struggle with hormonal imbalances associated with menopause and andropause. Some benefits of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy include:
• Helps to decrease wrinkles and promote firmer skin
• Lowers body fat and builds lean muscle
• Works to increase libido
• Helps to increase bone mass and prevent osteoporosis
• Could improve quality of sleep and the function of the immune system
• Works to enhance overall mood and cognitive function
• Aids in the reversal of metabolic syndrome
• Aids in increasing libido
• Helps to balance testosterone levels
• Aids in the reduction of body weight and overall body fat content
• May decrease insulin resistance
• May decrease the risk of metabolic syndrome
Men and women over the age of 40 should receive regular hormone check-ups. Dr. Bardisa offers her Miami patients all-natural anti-aging treatments that can greatly increase quality of life for those suffering from symptoms of menopause or andropause.
Candidates for bio-identical hormone therapy include men and women experiencing symptoms of andropause and menopause, as well as patients experiencing:
• Difficulty sleeping, insomnia or fatigue
• Anxiety or panic attacks
• Difficulty losing weight through diet and exercise
• Extreme mood swings or changes in mood
• Sexual dysfunction or decreases in libido
• Chronic headaches or mental confusion
Dr. Roselind Bardisa at Bardisa LYL Center, Inc is double-board certified in Family Medicine and Anti-Aging Medicine. She focuses on preventative care, and uses bio-identical hormone therapy to alleviate the hormonal imbalances caused by aging, which may help prevent disease and cellular malfunction.
Many of Dr. Bardisa’s Miami, Florida patients experience a rejuvenated quality of life after beginning bio-identical hormone treatments. Learn more about bio-identical hormone treatments by contacting Dr. Bardisa online or via telephone at 305-661-2002.
Dr. Bardisa proudly serves patients in Miami as well as the surrounding communities of Coral Gables, Pine Crest, Glenvar Heights, and Kendall.